Fractal Softworks Forum
March 30, 2017, 11:34:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New blog post: Ship’s Log of Salvage Dave’s Final Mission (3/29/17); Updated in-dev patch notes for Starsector 0.8a

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.7.2a] Diable Avionics 1.71 (30/01/2017)  (Read 83460 times)
Lolpingu
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: November 19, 2016, 09:55:16 AM »

I think I may have a bug where the Pandemonium doesn't spawn anywhere in Nexerelin, including NPC fleets. I've conquered about 20 stations/planets with shipyards, and I went tirelessly between them hoping to find a Pandemonium. I found none. All of them seemed to have large populations - anywhere from 10^4 to 10^7. Just to check if I'm being unlucky, I hunted down a few fat bounties to build up a massive treasury and then went to Diable's home planet and started spamming 60 point fleets. NONE of them had a Pandemonium. Prism Freeport never seems to have them either. The biggest and baddest ship I seem to find is the Maelstrom. And yes, I'm using the up-to-date version of the mod and the Pandemonium's relevant files seem to be in the game's folder, so it's definitely there.

Is it just THAT rare, or is something wrong here?

Btw mods are dynasector, nexerelin, ship/weapons pack, starsector+, underworld, lazylib, graphics lib and a few faction mods.

Edit: I can't even use it in the simulation. Something is definitely off here.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 10:21:37 AM by Lolpingu » Logged
DrakonST
Commander

Lizard-Wizard

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 19, 2016, 10:11:15 AM »

I think I may have a bug where the Pandemonium doesn't spawn anywhere in Nexerelin, including NPC fleets. I've conquered about 20 stations/planets with shipyards, and I went tirelessly between them hoping to find a Pandemonium. I found none. All of them seemed to have large populations - anywhere from 10^4 to 10^7. Just to check if I'm being unlucky, I hunted down a few fat bounties to build up a massive treasury and then went to Diable's home planet and started spamming 60 point fleets. NONE of them had a Pandemonium. Prism Freeport never seems to have them either. The biggest and baddest ship I seem to find is the Maelstrom. And yes, I'm using the up-to-date version of the mod and the Pandemonium's relevant files seem to be in the game's folder, so it's definitely there.

Is it just THAT rare, or is something wrong here?

Btw mods are dynasector, nexerelin, ship/weapons pack, starsector+, underworld, lazylib, graphics lib and a few faction mods.
You were simply not lucky. I could buy 2 such ships.

I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.
Lolpingu
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 19, 2016, 10:23:02 AM »

Can you spawn one in a simulation? it doesn't appear in the list for me.
DrakonST
Commander

Lizard-Wizard

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 19, 2016, 10:27:25 AM »

If ship not in the simulator it doesn't mean that he isn't in a game.

I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.
Lolpingu
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 19, 2016, 10:35:00 AM »

If ship not in the simulator it doesn't mean that he isn't in a game.

Can you, though? I asked this because if you can spawn one and I can't, something is wrong with my installation.
Tartiflette
Admiral

Kickstarter is not a magic spring of free money!

View Profile Email
« Reply #350 on: November 19, 2016, 10:45:03 AM »

There is one available in the last mission if you want to check out if it's there.

DrakonST
Commander

Lizard-Wizard

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 19, 2016, 10:46:45 AM »

Can you, though? I asked this because if you can spawn one and I can't, something is wrong with my installation.
He can't be added in the simulator. It simply isn't registered in a mod code.

There is one available in the last mission if you want to check out if it's there.
Also. Yes.

Lolpingu
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 19, 2016, 10:49:28 AM »

Yeah, something is definitely not right here. There are 3 missions, with the biggest one being T minus zero. The biggest ship in the fleet is a Maelstrom. Thanks for confirming my suspicions. I'll try to turn off non-critical mods and see if the mission gives me a Pandemonium then.
Tartiflette
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #353 on: November 19, 2016, 10:55:27 AM »

The mission in question is "Training ground" though. And if it's not there, you are either using a very outdated version of Diable, or didn't deleted the old folder before extracting the new one.

Lolpingu
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 19, 2016, 11:13:49 AM »

The mission in question is "Training ground" though. And if it's not there, you are either using a very outdated version of Diable, or didn't deleted the old folder before extracting the new one.

Ah yes, there it is. Looks like I was just extremely unlucky then. Thanks for the help and sorry for bothering you  Smiley
Tartiflette
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #355 on: November 19, 2016, 11:25:38 AM »

Do you play with Scy or Nexerelin? Because then it often is available at the Prism Freeport.

Lolpingu
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 19, 2016, 11:54:40 AM »

Do you play with Scy or Nexerelin? Because then it often is available at the Prism Freeport.

Yeah, I do play with Nexerelin and Prism Freeport enabled. It's right in the middle of the sector so I stop by there often while going from system to system looking for that ship. It seems to have sold at some point every battleship of every faction currently in my game EXCEPT for this one. Also, none of the Diable fleets seem to have a Pandemonium, even extremely large ones like the 60 point defense fleets that you can spawn at stations/planets.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 12:15:17 PM by Lolpingu » Logged
Bastion.Systems
Commander

Special Circumstances LCU

View Profile Email
« Reply #357 on: November 30, 2016, 09:58:28 AM »

I think Thrush is still pretty bad, still have to point blank to get the primary missile to hit and the secondary payload is too slow and poorly targeted to hit anything that is moving.
Compare the Thrush LRM System with vanilla Sabot SRM Pod. With sabot you get more missiles per pod, higher base damage, far better targeting and these things are also super effective against shields.

In general the missile weapons in this mod are below average in power, mostly due to weak targeting, but Thrush is still especially useless.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 10:54:02 AM by Bastion.Systems » Logged
Phearlock
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 01, 2016, 03:30:12 AM »

I disagree, I think the Thrush has its place as a fast-acting LRM. Great when trying to catch fleeing ships compared to the slower, higher dps LRMs. Its speed also lets it double as a close range extra burst of HE damage against an overloaded target if you aim it well (you do generally have to aim them if you're close enough to see the target, as yes, they're not very maneuverable).

Also, you're also comparing it to a short range limited-ammo shieldbreaker missile, the Thrush is better compared to the Pilum, as it's a regenerating-ammo long range suppression HE missile.

Good missile, suggest keeping it as it is.
Bastion.Systems
Commander

Special Circumstances LCU

View Profile Email
« Reply #359 on: December 01, 2016, 03:57:57 AM »

I guess it is pretty fast compared to other super long range missiles. And you have managed to hit stuff at range with it? Maybe it just gets better on higher levels of Missile Specialization. Could be that I am using it wrong, but I still think it deserves a boost in at least one area.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27
  Print  

Jump to: