Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.9.1a is out! (05/10/19); Blog post: Raiding for Fun and Profit (11/27/19)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Blue (0.6.1a) Mod  (Read 58661 times)

Lord_Asmodeus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [0.9.1a] Blue (0.6.0a) Mod
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2019, 02:55:34 AM »

So, downloaded the latest version but when I try to start it up it I get this error

I've checked and the xlu_manganate.ship file is in the hulls folder, so I don't know what the source of the issue is.

Edit: Okay so, after deleting and reinstalling the mod, I think the issue is that it is still expecting the manganate to be there? the one I saw was from a previous installation and with the mod reinstalled it isn't there, but it's still throwing up an error for it not being there.

Edit2: I deleted and reinstalled it a second time... and it worked this time. No idea why.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 03:24:45 AM by Lord_Asmodeus »

captinjoehenry

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2019, 07:57:38 AM »

A little late and apologies for that minor shipyard bug. Hopefully it's gone this time.

Really enjoy this mod!  The ships can punch above their weight but with their flux stats being so terrible I feel their deployment points are justified.  As even their super caps don't stack up flux wise to other heavy ships.  The only one that does is the prototype battlecruiser but that's an exception to the majority of the fleet as a whole that's quite fun.  Love the missile spam that can be done :D

The Manganate was actually the first capital ever made into the XLU and yeah, it's pretty dated with the intended goals in mind on how it functions as a battleship. There's been thoughts of its removal since the design isn't fully established after the faction settled, but it does get a replacement that probably keeps what the Manganate made boasting (unintentionally) for.

The Hyvel Twin Driver claims to be an area point defense when it's a Gauss Cannon sidegrade. It also costs far too much flux for what it does.

Fixed in this update. Probably with promises... ?  :-[

Blue: Download
Version 0.6.0
Due to a removal of ship in the roster, this will break saves.
Spoiler
   Weapons:
      Momus Assault Gun:
         Damage per shot decreased from 120 to 100.
         Range decreased from 800 to 650.
         Turn rate decreased from 30 to 15.
         Projectile Speed decreased from 800 to 650.
      Hyvel Twin Driver:
         Fixed Role description from Point Defense to Anti Shield.
      Stratus Heavy Cannon:
         Sprite additions.
      Rodstorm Chaincannon:
         Damage per shot increased from 200 to 350.
         Flux per shot increased from 250 to 450.
         Charge Down timer increased from 0.125 to 0.2.
         Maximum Spread decreased from 10 to 5.
         Projectile Speed increased from 800 to 1200.
   Ships:
      Added a Baseless Module hullmod, preventing unnecessary hullmods and converted hangars from being installed.
      Added a Closed Shell hullmod, that narrows and slows improvised shields and prevents use of Omnishields.
      Roster:
         Manganate is completely removed from the roster and the mod data.
         Added the Calc Frigate, an XLU redux of the popular Tempest.
         Added the Diaboleite Arsenal Ship, a seemingly limiting warship with a very flexible loadout.
      Lead:
         Changed Ship System from Accelerated Ammo Feeder to Frenzied Ammo Feeder.
      Espron:
      Chrominus:
         Bunkpods:
            Now comes with the Baseless Module hullmod.
      Uranium:
         Modules now come with the Baseless Module hullmod.
      Anthracite:
         Flux Dissipation increase from 600 to 700.
         Modules now come with the Closed Shell hullmod.
      Anthracite XLU:
         Redone turret angles and placement.
         Thunderfist base sprite implanted on the hull.
         Flux Dissipation increase from 750 to 900.
         Modules now come with the Closed Shell hullmod.
   Fixes:
      Relations script redundancy.
      Fixed Gyrothrust effect description.
      Ship Quality production bug.
[close]

Probably with less bugs this time.

Honestly a bit sad to see the Manganate being removed.  It was pretty neat as a special really rare ship that only would show up now and then.  As it is nice when factions have rare semi one off ships :P  Maybe change it a bit and add it back in as an IBB ship?  As that could be a nifty way to do it.  Have it be a remnant from the start of the faction that you could pick up after fighting it as a one off ship?

nb8

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2019, 05:46:11 AM »

Yes, it’s strange that they removed Manganate, a rather harmless ship much weaker than overslaut. I think the more battleships the better (yes I am a fan of battleships, not frigates) and I really hope that Manganate will return, 3 time bigger, consisting of many parts, and with 20 large gun slots (or this one will be another ship, not so important).

captinjoehenry

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2019, 08:59:24 PM »

Also the warfrieght has a weird issue.  Even if i prioritize it in my doctrine it almost never gets used as a freighter even though it's the only prioritized freighter.  instead random non selected freighters gets used.

Protonus

• Captain
  • The Nut. Yes, this one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2019, 11:24:46 PM »

Also the warfrieght has a weird issue.  Even if i prioritize it in my doctrine it almost never gets used as a freighter even though it's the only prioritized freighter.  instead random non selected freighters gets used.

Automated ship production is in a pretty odd state to me as well. I don't see odd coding to why the priority behaves this way despite the ship is assigned accordingly and, comparatively to Vanilla, is in the appropriate spot in the ship roles file.

Yes, it’s strange that they removed Manganate, a rather harmless ship much weaker than overslaut. I think the more battleships the better (yes I am a fan of battleships, not frigates) and I really hope that Manganate will return, 3 time bigger, consisting of many parts, and with 20 large gun slots (or this one will be another ship, not so important).

I was pretty conflicted to decide whether to keep the Manganate or remove it since it pertains the typical oversize design it holds. But after realizing that it functions too bizarrely for an Oversized Conquest with a center built-in gun, I just had to remove it.

Probably reconsidering it back but not sure when but I'll get back to it.

Edit:
More Dakka, no problems.
Blue: Download
Version 0.6.1
Spoiler
   Faction:
      Added Commissioned Crew compatibility.
   Weapons:
      Momus Assault Gun:
         Tier increased from 0 to 1.
         Damage per shot increased from 100 to 120.
         Turn rate increased from 15 to 20.
         Projectile Speed increased from 650 to 700.
         Maximum Spread decreased from 10 to 5.
         Spread per shot decreased from 2 to 1.
   Ships:
      Lanestate Warshots crew (hullmod) added:
         Gives Ballistics a very slight increase to rate of fire and increase to flux efficiency.
         Less auto-aim accuracy to all weapons.
[close]
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 09:27:51 PM by Protonus »

Join us. We have cookies.

nb8

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Blue (0.6.1) Mod
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2019, 10:01:41 PM »

Dakka time!

The_White_Falcon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Blue (0.6.1a) Mod
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2019, 02:28:54 PM »

Just wanted to report a possible error with the planets in the Phosmon star system.  None of the planets have an established population.  I have to use console controls to give them population conditions.

Also the Terran world in Nemvis star system should probably come with the regional_capital condition as this seems to make sense that this is the XLU's main homeworld.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 02:32:59 PM by The_White_Falcon »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]