Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A day in the life of anyone in starsector  (Read 8381 times)

Zelnik

• Commander
    • View Profile
A day in the life of anyone in starsector
« on: November 28, 2015, 07:09:34 PM »

*Do de do I am a normal dude not really interested in *** anyone off. Trading/taking jobs that mostly involve legal commodities or killing pirates for cash*

*Sindrakan Dictat guys walk up* "YOU! YOU ARE WORKING WITH THE HEGEMONY! WE WILL INVESTIGATE!"

*Me* "No more then I do for you guys... yeah I know you are at war with them but I don't really take part in that. I just move civilian cargo, here, look, I just exposed your 'sindrakan dictat most wanted #1' to hard vacuum last month. Not really here to *** anyone off.

*Sindrakan Dictat guys* "NONSENSE WE SHALL INVESTIGATE!!"

*me* Dicks.

*Sindrakan dictat guys* "Ok we didn't find anything but NEXT TIME GADGET!"

*Me* Uh, thanks.

*Next month*

*Everyone shows up* "YOU ARE WORKING WITH EVERYONE AROUND US, EVEN THE ONES WE ARE NOT AT WAR WITH! WE HATE YOU!"

*Me* "Why? Ok sure if I worked solely with the Hegemony you would have beef, but I haven't worked for them in a month because their sales prices suck balls. I just stop in your worlds occasionally to resupply and get fuel. Sindrakan Dictat, you aren't even at war with Tri-Tachyon, why are you angry that I worked with them?

*sindrakan dictat guys* "BECAUSE REASONS, WE SEND SHIPS TO KILL YOU NAO

*Me* ...dafuk.

This is a problem. Please fix it.

Abradolf Lincler

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: A day in the life of anyone in starsector
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 07:14:43 PM »

The diktat want me ded cus Tritach :'(

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 07:41:35 PM »

I was found guilty by Tritach, hege, diktat, and ludd all within a week ingame time.  Only the indipendent love me naow.

Now I make a living by floating around ripping whole fleets to shreds and selling to indipendents.

Independent the new pirate faction.

Vinyl Dash

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 07:50:36 PM »

I was found guilty by Tritach, hege, diktat, and ludd all within a week ingame time.  Only the indipendent love me naow.

Now I make a living by floating around ripping whole fleets to shreds and selling to indipendents.

I just want to know how much flak the guy who made the decision to declare you a traitor who needs to be killed on sight for no reason whatsoever is getting once you start tearing their fleets up.

"Hey Bob, you know Linnis?"
"Yeah. I had them declared a traitor and put out a death warrant for them. Dangerous."
".."
"What?"
"Linnis? Person who's been hunting down pirates nonstop in our systems? Who single handedly reduced our trade convoys's ambush rate by 25%? Who solved four famines affecting our core worlds within the last two cycles, saving millions of lives?"
"Yeah. Caught them talking to a Luddic. Scary business"
".."
"Damn, Roger, did you see the news? Fleets have been getting decimated around the sector. Have you heard anything about that?"
".. You know what Bob? You're in charge of stopping whoever is doing that. Godspeed."

Abradolf Lincler

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 07:52:56 PM »

I just want to know how much flak the guy who made the decision to declare you a traitor who needs to be killed on sight for no reason whatsoever is getting once you start tearing their fleets up.

"Yeah. I had them declared a traitor and put out a death warrant for them. Dangerous."
".."
"What?"
"Linnis? Person who's been hunting down pirates nonstop in our systems? Who single handedly reduced our trade convoys's ambush rate by 25%? Who solved four famines affecting our core worlds within the last two cycles, saving millions of lives?"
".."
"Damn, Roger, did you see the news? Fleets have been getting decimated around the sector. Have you heard anything about that?"
".. You know what Bob? You're in charge of stopping whoever is doing that. Godspeed."

Exaaactly, killed a Diktat trade fleet with 4 atlas's in it. I hope they regret their decision.

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 08:36:50 PM »

I think investigations should reduce your reputation to "suspicious", rather than hostile. When you do so much business with the tritachs, it is possible that you could be a spy working for them, so relations should drop, but you don't see Russia gunning down businessmen who's invested in the U.S., or veterans from the Iraq war, but they are probably on some kind of watch list.

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Starsector South Korean Community
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2015, 10:49:02 PM »

Likely they would want to load him in a Hellbore Cannon and fire it up. The only reason they don't is that the caliber doesn't match.

".."
"What?"
".."
lol.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 05:21:23 AM by Aron0621 »

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 01:39:07 AM »

".."
"What?"
".."

Sums up the ridiculous perfectly.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 02:12:31 AM »

".."
"What?"
".."

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2015, 03:21:59 AM »

This whole thread has me chuckling :)

How on earth do the independents manage to keep trade going and not have a faction spontaneously declare war on them, because they might happen to prefer trading with the faction that is willing to pay more for their cargo?

Oh...paying off these investigators..

I think bounties and trading with factions should not affect your standing significantly with factions, since these services are a good thing for everyone and a necessity in the sector.  What should affect your standing is missions that are actually aimed at changing the faction power balance in the sector.  For example: 'attack the Hegemony patrol', 'disrupt trade', 'steal experimental tech from the Tri-Tachyon's' etc.

I have a strong suspicion that this is actually where these massive reputation penalties are planning on being used, and Alex is just trying out the mechanic with the basic quest system implemented as it is; and I would laugh hysterically about it if it wasn't for the fact I will probably never be the owner of a Paragon in my playthrough (Damn Tri-Tachyon investigator).

There is one independent planet that sells pretty good stuff (They have an independent military tab to sell ships), Planet Nortia in Askonia...perhaps I might get lucky as they have sold Tri-Tachyon stuff before.

Mazrix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 05:41:34 AM »

".."
"What?"
".."

"So, yeah... that Mazrix guy you put a warrant on for allegedly 'selling trade secrets to the Sindrians'; he cut through 6 fleets in Corvus without a single loss and has now completely blockaded any trade to Jangala for months. The planet is DEAD, Bob. The planet is DEAD. Goddammit, Bob."

Yeah... for now I've just resorted to restoring relations by unapologetically modifying save files until the silliness goes away. There's not much reason other factions should look at you any differently than the random merchant fleet until you get really close to one of them.
And I might've made every faction declare war on the Hegemony out of spite. Bob made me do it.

Their funeral. At least it rakes in crew XP.

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2015, 09:45:16 AM »

"Sir, have the target on our sensors."
"No sir, they are running with identification on and have not engaged in hard burns in the last few days"
"We have reinforcements arriving soon sir. It will be the sixth time we engaged sir"
"Reports indicate all armor damage they have recieved thus far have been repaired."
"It also seems that thier cargo hold is full of supplies as they are leaving them adrift unsalvaged"

-last words of a forgotten fleet commander of the hegemony.

Zelnik

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2015, 03:29:27 PM »

"Sir?"

"Yes Lieutenant?"

"After you needlessly branded one of the best, and most skilled pirate hunters in the sector a traitor, he has obliterated a third of our fleets, landed on our homeworld and left a rather rude effigy of you in the royal palace...after he air dropped it from orbit."

"THAT SCUM!"

"The government demands you apologize at once, and offer a halt to hostilities."

"The *** do I look like, a peacemaker? Send more fleets at him. he will eventually get tired of killing us and turn himself in."

Abradolf Lincler

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2015, 04:44:07 PM »

"Sir?"

"Yes Lieutenant?"

"After you needlessly branded one of the best, and most skilled pirate hunters in the sector a traitor, he has obliterated a third of our fleets, landed on our homeworld and left a rather rude effigy of you in the royal palace...after he air dropped it from orbit."

"THAT SCUM!"

"The government demands you apologize at once, and offer a halt to hostilities."

"The *** do I look like, a peacemaker? Send more fleets at him. he will eventually get tired of killing us and turn himself in."

I swear ive killed every Diktat fleet in existence, yet they keep comin'  
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 08:52:53 PM by Brad***mofo »

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2015, 08:51:57 PM »

By the sounds of this tweet: https://twitter.com/amosolov/status/671146557165723648 it looks like Bob his been fired
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too
Pages: [1] 2