Update (4/21/17, 6:40pm EST): another hotfix for a few crashes, another load-game issue, a few other bugs and gameplay issues is up. Please re-download using the links below.
Update: a hotfix for a few crashes, a load-game issue, a tutorial derailing issue, and a few other items is now up. Please re-download using the links below.
Starsector version 0.8a is now out! Here are some of the more prominent new features in this release:
- More hand-crafted star systems to flesh out the core worlds area of the Sector
- Procedurally-generated areas to explore beyond the core worlds
- Run salvage operations and planetary surveys, with associated missions for further profit
- New map interface – redesigned to aid in your exploration
- A “lay in course” feature – track where you’re going and how long it’ll take to get there
- Ship recovery – repair derelict ships or ships disabled after battle, and add them to your fleet
- Revamped carrier & fighter mechanics – command fighters launched from your own carrier
- New campaign abilities – scavenging, distress calls, and more
- Skill overhaul – added Industry aptitude; every point matters
- New enemies to fight (details REDACTED)
- Modular orbital stations, for use in REDACTED
- Several new ships, including new carriers
- New terrain types – pulsar beams and black holes
- A new “reckless” officer personality
- “Full Assault” and “Eliminate” combat commands; other ship AI and command improvements
- Destroyed ships break into pieces
- A campaign tutorial, and other changes to make the early game more forgiving
- A new set of starting options – a focus on fewer and more clear choices before the game begins
- … and lots of miscellaneous fixes and improvements!
The full patch notes, and the comment thread, are here. You can download the new version here:
As always, thank you for your support!