Update: a hotfix for an occasional after-battle crash is now up. For detailed notes clickhere.
You can use the download links below to get the hotfix.
Starsector version 0.7a is now out! We’ve also got a shiny trailer for you to watch while the new version is downloading.
New features in this version:
- Expanded battles – come to the aid of beleaguered allies, or be swarmed by enemies
- Campaign terrain – nebulas, stellar coronas, hyperspace storms, and more
- Sensors – play cat and mouse games with enemy fleets or patrols seeking to ruin your smuggling run
- Abilities – “go dark” to hide in a ring system, or use “emergency burn” to chase down a pirate
- Combat officers – hire and level up officers to power up the ships you assign them to
- Campaign missions to take on for profit
- Faction and reputation-specific music
- Six new star systems, five new ships, and three new weapons
There are a lot more changes – the full patch notes, and the comment thread, are here. You can download the new version here:
As always, thank you for your support!