It’s been a long time coming, but Starsector version 0.65a is now out! You can get it here:
A quick look at what’s new in this release:
- Trade, smuggling, and a working economy with many commodities to buy and sell
- Four more star systems
- More detailed player-faction relationships – gain reputation and get access to better equipment
- Event system – food shortages, bounties, etc
- Ship skins for faction-specific flavor
- More music
- A slew of miscellaneous improvements and balance changes
The full patch notes are here.
As usual with OS X: if you’ve got Gatekeeper enabled, right-click on Starsector and click “Open” when running it for the first time. Otherwise, you won’t get the option to “run it anyway” when it complains that the app is from an “unidentified developer”.
Also, with this release, the new preorder price is $15. Starsector has come a long way since its initial release – I’d been hesitant to change the price until the set of features had expanded significantly, and we’re finally here.
Thank you for your support, and I hope you enjoy this release!
Comment thread here.