I’m very happy to announce that the 0.34a release is finally here!
What’s in this release?
- Four new missions and several new ships
- Customizable key bindings
- Official mod support – you can find mods in our forum
- Gameplay and balance changes
- Colorblind mode (edit data/config/settings.json to toggle)
- Assorted bug fixes
- General polish & improvements
You can download 0.34a here:
What’s not in this release?
There are no big war room changes. The current implementation is very RTS-like, which, as it’s turning out, isn’t particularly suited to Starfarer. We’re planning to move away from that and focus on letting you make strategic-level decisions, without having to worry about minor details. It didn’t make sense to make incremental changes to the current system now, since we’ll be extensively revamping it soon.
The big-ticket items for 0.35a are:
- Ship refit screen
- Ability to outfit your flagship for missions
- War room revamp
- “Custom Battle” option
The idea is to dig into the customization elements of the game, with custom battles providing a good testing ground for your freshly-assembled ships and fleets – and more replay value than you can shake a stick at. Well, at least, more than regular missions.
In the meantime, once 0.35a is out, we’ll start working feverishly on 0.36a, which will provide a first look at the campaign layer.