Now that the alpha has been out for a couple of weeks, you might be wondering what new features and changes are coming in the near future.
Bugfixing & Polish
For a detailed list of the changes that’s already been made, take a look at the live patch notes.
- Implement refit screen, accessible from the mission detail screen
- Each hull has a number of ordnance points (OPs), used to fit it with weapons and hull mods
- Hull mods provide passive bonuses such as “Heavy Armor” and “Additional Thrusters”
- Weapons must be fitted into slots of the appropriate type (energy, ballistic, missile) and size (small, medium large). A small weapon can be fitted into a larger slot – useful to save OPs for use on hull mods instead.
- Flux Capacitors (+max flux) and Flux Vents (+flux dissipation) cost 1 OP each and can be taken to round out a design and use up all OPs
- Update all hull variants to be valid under this system, add hull mods where appropriate, etc
- Select a character (perhaps just one choice to begin with) which determines your starting fleet points and later possibly skills
- Use the starting fleet points to create your fleet. Pool of available ships possibly influenced by character.
- Travel around a single star system, engage hostile fleets
- Capture enemy ships and salvage weapons to upgrade your fleet
Subsequent versions will augment it with features like:
- A full character creation system and skills
- Officers & crew
- Establishing outposts on planets
- Blueprints and ship/weapon manufacture
- Trade & exploration
- Faction relations
- Raiding core worlds and outposts
- Ship systems
- Phase cloaking
- Improved warroom UI (add fine-grained standing orders to govern use of weapons/systems, reduce amount of micromanagement possible)
- Construction Rig, Repair Drones – repair ships mid-battle and build temporary weapon platforms around captured objectives
- Munitions Ships/Drones – rearm you ships mid-battle
The list is by no means complete, but I think it covers the major points. Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? I’d love to hear from you, either in the comments or in the forum!